Thursday, July 28, 2016

100% Perfect Girl (Manhwa)

Title: 100% Perfect Girl




Author: Wan

Genre(s): Action, manhwa, mature, psychological, romance, shoujo

Completed or Ongoing: Completed

Plot Summary: This story focuses on the romance of a young couple. They go through a lot of shit because, you know, he's king of an European country. She's just a "plain" Korean girl with nothing but her ambition to be an artist. 

Review: This manhwa may make you cry. If you have seen Kdoramas (see Terminology), then you know how they storyline can be. This manhwa might not be for everyone. While it does say mature, it isn't exactly that bad. It could be because we are exposed to this stuff heavily in the American culture. So much so that I and maybe others, may be desensitized to the whole thing. Sex is implied in the art. Rape is more descriptive, but I would still say that there is worse in smut.

The story is frustrating. I have said it many times and I'll say it again; I will not give spoilers. But.... DAMN!!!

Opinion: The MC female is by any means "plain". What,?!The start of 100% is kinda slow, but picks up. There are fillers in weird places. I'll say that this manhwa made me cry at least twice. It got me angry, mad, sad, and frustrated all "at the same damn time"! (sorry Bad Girls Club reference) Truthfully, around chapter 55, I was hanging around for the sex scene, I wanted to see how the artist would bring it to life. I was disappointed. 

I hate virgin romance novels/mangas/animes/manhwas. FUCK!!!! I have nothing on this kind of romance. I just feel that ALL humans should be aware and comfortable with their body and sex. Virgins and the stereotypes of virgins play on the belief that if you're sexual you're dirty, but only if you're a female. I'll save that rant for another day. If sex was what you were looking for, it's not here. If it's romance, you might be in the right place. Depending on whether or not you want to take that emotional roller coaster ride.


Rating: The illustrations wasn't too bad. The storyline pissed me off, The characters' develop into completely different people in the end. I think it's original, but then again, I haven't read as many manhwas as I've read mangas. In mangas, I wouldn't say that they go this far, again, I could be wrong. The fact that the genre was psychological could also explain why it's so deep.

It censors like no tomorrow. It implies a lot. The romance is decent, the mature level was a bit weak. I'm surprised that I actually continued to read it. I thought about quitting a few times, but the lack of sex scenes kept me going until I realized that it was way, and I mean WAY too close to the end to drop it now. I think that may have been the point. If so, kudos to you Wan. Kudos to you.

I give "100% Perfect Girl", a 5 out of 10. Uhhhh, I can't even think of a rating image to give this. 

Read if you want, but if you don't like it, you had been warned

NeW tErMiNoLoGy AlErT!!!

Mature: Supposed to be for people over the age of 17. Usually up my alley depending on the storyline and art.


Oh, did I mention that I'm big on animanga art? Unfortunately, I judge a lot of animanga by it's art. It's not a good thing to do and I acknowledge my bias...




Also, I do not own the pic


No comments:

Post a Comment