Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Shokugeki no Soma (Anime and Manga)

Title: Shokugeki no Soma (Anime and Manga)



Author: Tsukudo Yuuto and Saeki Shun


Genre: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, School Life, Shounen


Ongoing or Completed: Both are ongoing. The anime is on season 2. The manga is on chapter 176

Plot Summary: A young boy is thrown into a tough culinary school where he battles against other students in an "Iron Chef" like match called Shokugeki.


Review: The anime is well drawn. I must warn you that it's very ecchi. On all angles of the gendersphere. This anime takes food/ingredient descriptions to a whole new level. It is also very censored. 

This doesn't take away from the ecchiness known by most animes. Of course, there are uncensored ecchi, but that's not the focus for this animanga (sry, I got lazy). If you like cooking shows or anything similar, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Opinion: This is one of my favorite animangas. I don't watch it for the ecchi, although the fact that it was ecchi was what led me to this manga and consequently it's anime. Like all (from the ones I've read) manga remakes, the anime misses and remakes a few of the scenes. Not that it was a bad thing. Like I said I like Shokugeki, they've made me a fan. 

Oh, and the anime stretches the scenes to be longer than they should be. For example, it's season 2 and we're still trying to figure out who won the big tournament. I will not give spoilers, but I do recommend this anime and it's manga. I prefer to read mangas first. Depending on the storyline, though.

Rating: The characters' profiles, developments and illustrations are good. I like the storyline because it's not overly complicated and it caught me hook, line and sinker in both forms. Shokugeki, I wouldn't think, has originality since I imagine a lot of cooking animangas run along similar tales. 

If I were to compare the level of ecchi to spicy food, I'd say it was fairly mild. Yes, they have foodgasms in the nude, (spontaneous stripping is what I'll call it) but it's censored. However, like I said, it isn't a deal breaker. Ecchi is there, strongly at that, but I've seen worse IMHO.

Out of 10 jiggly titties, (because that's ecchi), I give Shokugeki no Soma, the anime, an 8 out of 10. I give the manga a 9 out of 10.

NeW tErMiNoLoGy AlErT!!!:


Shounen: The gender counterpart of shoujo. Instead of romance, it focuses more on fighting and violence.




Also, I don't own this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment